T-Minus . . . .
- The study of Scripture reveals the heart and mind and methods of God to all who will read and study it. Want to know what God is like? Read and study Scripture! Want to know what God has planned for the future? Read and study the Scripture! Want to . . . ? Read and study the Scripture!
- Whether it is based upon Genesis 2:15, 1 Timothy 2:1-2, or Matthew 5:13-16, believers in the Lord Jesus Christ are to keep and care for our land, exert energy in prayer for rulers, and be salt and light to preserve our land from putrefaction that follows the deeds of the Fallen Nature.
- Our merit, as believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, is not based upon our own righteous actions as redeemed and regenerated people—all merit, honor, and glory are the Lord’s. God literally enjoys answering prayer based upon his nature and character.
- Conclusion: One aspect of our problem on December 31, 2023 is that we know the LORD has His “T-Minus” without knowing his “Minus what.” Therefore, we must resolve to keep our account with God very short, and we must resolve to do more through prayer and evangelism to hold back our nation’s putrefaction before the LORD.
(1) In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of Median descent, who was made king over the kingdom of the Chaldeans— (2) in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, observed in the books the number of the years which was revealed as the word of the LORD to Jeremiah the prophet for the completion of the desolations of Jerusalem, namely, seventy years. (3) So I gave my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth and ashes. (4) I prayed to the LORD my God and confessed and said, “Alas, O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and lovingkindness for those who love Him and keep His commandments, (5) we have sinned, committed iniquity, acted wickedly and rebelled, even turning aside from Your commandments and ordinances. (6) Moreover, we have not listened to Your servants the prophets, who spoke in Your name to our kings, our princes, our fathers and all the people of the land.”-Daniel 9:1-6