Believers should have Thanks-Living
- We may not know until eternity what the specific events and circumstances were to accomplish, but we know they grew us spiritually, demonstrated to unsaved people how people of faith can handle disappointments and the unexpected, or demonstrated God’s faithfulness to His people.
- God reminds us in Job 41:11 (NASB) “Who has given to Me that I should repay him?Whatever is under the whole heaven is Mine” and in Psa. 50:10-12 (NASB) “For every beast of the forest is Mine, The cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird of the mountains, And everything that moves in the field is Mine. If I were hungry I would not tell you, For the world is Mine, and all it contains,” and He reminds us in Genesis 21:33 that He is El Olam—The Strong One Who is without limits. As we are faithful stewards of His resources, He continually meets the need!
- The human body both is and contains the evidence of God’s engineering and loving care.
- Rom. 12:1-2 (NASB) Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
- John 14:6 (NASB) Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”
- Conclusion: “Believers should have Thanks-Living” because the LORD God is the Source of all good things which He freely and graciously sends our way—for which we should be exceedingly thankful every day of our lives!
A Psalm for Thanksgiving.
(1) Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth.
(2) Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before Him with joyful singing.
(3) Know that the LORD Himself is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
(4) Enter His gates with thanksgiving And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name.
(5) For the LORD is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting And His faithfulness to all generations.-Psalm 100:1-5